Sunday, April 19, 2015

Card Of The Week April 19

Masahiro Tanaka pitched an outstanding game for the Yankees yesterday, throwing 7 shutout innings against the Rays while only giving up two hits and striking out eight.  He also didn't walk anyone.  As fan of Japanese baseball, I'm glad to see him doing well but as a fan of the Boston Red Sox, I wish he was doing it for someone else....

I thought I'd take this opportunity to follow up on something I said in my post on this year's Rookie Edition set - for the past three years, BBM has included a "Then & Now" subset in the Rookie Edition set that pairs the top draft pick for each team with a veteran player.  For each of these three sets, the Eagles top draft pick (Yudai Mori, Yuki Matsui and Tomohiro Anraku) has been paired with Tanaka:

2013 BBM Rookie Edition #93

2014 BBM Rookie Edition #091

2015 BBM Rookie Edition #111

No comments: