Thursday, December 4, 2014

Kevin Youkilis

Kevin Youkilis announced his retirement a few weeks back (I've gotten way behind on doing posts for retiring players but now that I'm caught up on sets for the moment maybe I can get back to them).  I normally wouldn't do a post on someone like this - he ended up only playing in around 20 games in Japan - but I've always been a big fan of his as the Red Sox are my favorite team.  I was really excited that he was going to spend 2014 in Japan and very disappointed when he got hurt early in the season, left Japan for treatment in the US and never returned.

Looking at the list at Sports Card Forum and taking a look at Jambalaya, I think Youk ended up having nine Japanese cards, of which I have five:

2014 BBM Icons - Big Guns #01

2014 BBM Icons - Big Guns #26

2014 BBM 1st Version #013

2014 Calbee #086

2014 BBM 2nd Version #456
In addition, he had a card in the Bandai Owners League 02 set (#001), the BBM Eagles team set (#E46) and two cards in the Eagles team issued set (#47 and #SS1-08).

No comments: