Thursday, May 1, 2014

2008 BBM 1st Version Light Packs



Despite already having the complete 2008 BBM 1st Version set, I took advantage of an opportunity to pick up a couple Light Packs from the set cheap on Ebay last week.  Since the only Light Packs I've ever opened before are from 2003, I thought it would be interesting to see what BBM did with them in 2008.

Each pack contains four cards, one of which is a parallel card.  The parallels are some sort of silver foil - I assume that they are the only possible parallels for the packs but I don't know that for sure.  There's a two card insert set available in the Light Packs that (assuming again) is not available in the regular packs.  I didn't get one so I don't know if it would replace the parallel card in the pack or if it's possible to get both an insert and a parallel card in the same pack.


Based on the back of the pack, it looks like only a subset of the 1st Version base set is available in the Light Packs.  You can get the regular player cards, the "2007 Impressive Record" subset cards and the "2008 Rookie Of The Year Candidate" subset cards but not the team checklists, the Leader subset cards or the "Good-bye, Heroes!" subset cards.  There are 108 regular player cards with parallels and the 2 afore mentioned insert cards (which I don't know the theme of).

Here are the cards I got in the packs:




No comments: