Sunday, April 22, 2012

Pack Opening Videos

Jason alerted me recently to a fellow going by the name of Taka Tanaka Giants who is an American (I think) living in Japan who is posting videos of himself opening packs of Japanese baseball cards (and showing off stuff he's won in auctions) on YouTube.  Very cool to see the product come out of the pack and see what the insert and memorabilia cards look like (since I pretty much skip them because they're generally more expensive then I want to pay).

He also just started a blog.

Just out of curiosity, I did a quick search on YouTube to see what videos about Japanese Baseball Cards were out there.  There's a couple from Gwynar, who writes the amazing and indispensable YakyuBaka blog, talking about 2007 Calbee cards as well as some others by various people doing pack breaks or showing off stuff they are selling.

And then there's this, a commercial for Calbee from 1989:

No comments: