Thursday, May 28, 2009

2009 Calbee Series 2

Calbee's website is now listing information for their second series of the year. The set includes 96 "regular" cards (8 per team), four checklist card and a 12 card "Hot Player" subset. There are also subsets labeled "OP", "S" and "V" and I have no clue what they might be.

I don't see a release date for the set, so I don't know when it will be out. Come to think of it, I don't know if Series 1 ever came out. I assume it was out in March or April.

Update: According to a comment from Deanna, the "OP" cards are "Opening Game" cards, the "S" subset are "Star" cards and the "V" subset are "Veteran" cards. Each subset is an even multiple of 12, so you can expect that each team will be evenly represented.

2 comments:

Deanna said...

Series 1 has been out for a few months, yeah. I have about 30 cards... I just don't feel like eating THAT many potato chips :) I think I have three sparkly top player cards and my best card overall is a gold-dent signed Ramirez card.

As for the second series designations -- the Japanese says that OP is opening day cards, S is "star cards", and V is "veteran cards".

NPB Card Guy said...

Thanks for the info Deanna!